Summer classes in Linguistics
WHY ATTEND LINGUISTICS COURSES IN THE SUMMER?
- to fulfill your interest in the field of linguistics
- to help you graduate sooner
- to get a head start on G.E. requirements
- to complete your prep. courses so you can take upper division Ling. classes sooner
- to start working on your requirements for the Linguistics major(s)
- to take advantage of summer's smaller classes and relaxed atmosphere
- to change academic or geographic environment
- to see what it’s like to take a class at UCLA
WHAT IS LINGUISTICS?
Linguistics is the systematic study of human language in general. Linguists try to understand how languages are put together, how they are alike and how they differ from one another, how they change and how people learn and use them.
WHAT COURSES ARE OFFERED?
Follow the link for Courses - click here
For more information (how to enroll, cost/fees, etc.), please contact the Summer Sessions Office:
1147 Murphy Hall
Tel: (310) 794-8333
For general questions about Linguistics, please contact the Student Affairs Officer.